Physiotherapy is the study of the science of human movement and is a manual therapy that is designed to restore, maintain, and optimize patient’s mobility, function, and well-being. Physiotherapy focuses on the root cause of your injury and helps you get inovied in your own recovery through physical rehabilitation, injury prevention, and health and fitness.
Anyone that has an injury, or chronic pain that affects everyday body funtion. On many occasions doctors may refer you to physiotherapy after an injury or surgery such as a hip replacement, or a truamatic health event like a stoke or heart attack.
Physiotherapists focus on injury prevention and rehabilitation. Treatments can be focused on problems caused by injury, disease or disability, such as:
- Neck and back pain
- Problems with bones, joints, muscles and ligaments
- Pelvic issues
- Loss of mobility
- Fatigue, pain, swelling, stiffness and loss of muscle strength
All of our Physiotherapy sessions are tailored to your unique condition. However, in most cases, this is what you should expect:
- Complete review of your medical history
- Discussion of your current condition, complaint and/or injury
- Assessment of your condition, complaint and/or injury
- Presentation of a treatment plan to meet your specific goals
- Manual therpy tailored to your specific needs
- Prescription of exercises and any assitive devices that may be required
Because Physiotherapy is movement based, wearing comfortable clothing that allows access to your area of concern is important. Typically, we suggest you wear or bring clothing that you would wear to if you went for a workout.